Shakira’s Biography & Intro
Shakira’s full name
Shakira full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll. She was born on 2 Feb 1977, Who was raised and Born in Barranquilla. Worldwide in the music industry by his profession, Everyone is known by his short name Mononym Shakira.
As of 2022 is a famous Colombian songwriter and singer. She has also been labeled as the “Queen of Latin Music” and is famous for her musical skills. At the age of 13, she created her first track debut with Sony Music Colombia.
Shakira has sold over 80 million records with a catalog of 145 songs, producing her a member of the best-selling soundtrack performers of all time. According to Forbes Colombia, she is the best-selling female Latin performer of all time as of 2018. She is credited with bringing other Latin artists to the global market. She also won many awards.
including seven Billboard Music Awards, twelve Latin Grammy Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and three Grammy Awards, and more
Shakira’s Early Life
She was birthed on February 2, 1977, in Barranquilla, Colombia, as her mom and dad’s only child. She has Colombian and Lebanese ancestors. His family relocated to Colombia when She was five years old.
Her Colombian mother’s family seems to have two Spanish surnames, Ripoll and Torrado, the former of which is Catalan and comes from four brothers who immigrated from Catalonia to southeastern Colombia in the nineteenth century.
She has also declared to have distant Italian heritage through a “Pisciotti” ancestor. She was brought up in a Catholic household and attended Catholic schools. Her father’s previous wife produced eight older half-siblings for her. Shakira spent most of her childhood in Barranquilla, a town on Colombia’s northern Caribbean coast.
She first poetry, “La rosa de cristal” (The Crystal Rose), has been composed at the age of four years old. She was fascinated as a child watching her father write a story on a typewriter and started asking for one typewriter for Christmas. She got that typewriter when she was seven years old and has been writing poetry ever since. These poems eventually became songs.
An older sibling was dead in a motorcycle crash when Shakira was two years old, About six years later, at the age of eight. She authored her first lyric, “Tus gafas oscuras” (‘Your dark glasses,’) influenced by her father, who did wear dark glasses to hide his grief for years.
She enjoyed singing with her classmates, teachers, and even the nuns at her Catholic school. She was however rejected from the school choir in second grade even though her all-time musicality was too strong. She made it sound “like a goat,” according to her music teacher. She was frequently removed from class at school due to her hyperactivity. She claims she was also recognized as “the belly dancer girl” because she would perform a number she had learned every Friday at school. “Because that is how I found my love of live performance,” she explains.
She was welcomed to numerous events in Barranquilla between both the ages of ten and thirteen, and she started gaining some local recognition. It was during this moment that she met Monica Ariza, a local theatre creator who was fascinated with her and attempted to assist her career.
She was born on February 2, 1977, at place Barranquilla, Colombia, According to her date of birth, her age is 45 years old women.
Shakira’s dad and Mom
Her parents are dad’s name is William Mebarak Chadid and her mom’s name Nidia Ripoll Torrado. Her father, William, was raised in New York City by a Lebanese family. His family relocated to Colombia when She reached five years old. She has got Ripoll and Torrado two Spanish surnames on her Colombian mother’s side.
Shakira’s half siblings
- Tonino Mebarak,
- Edward Mebarak
- Robin Mebarak
- Alberto Mebarak
- Antonio Mebarak
- Moises Mebarak
- Lucy Mebarak
- Ana Mebarak
- Patricia Mebarak
About Shakira Singer Education
She had joined for schooling Catholic schools And completed her graduation and post-graduation from the University of California, Los Angeles, and the University of Pennsylvania. Recently for some years.
She received a bachelor’s degree in ancient philosophy again from the University of Pennsylvania, where she enrolled during the coronavirus pandemic’s lockdown in 2020.
Shakira Albums and carrier
- Her first album, ‘Magia,’ was released in 1991. It included songs she’d authored when she was eight years old. The soundtrack did not become a box office success.
- ‘Peligro,’ her second album, was released in 1993. Despite performing better than just its predecessor, this album was considered a failure. She took a break after releasing this album to attend the school and finish her high school education.
- Her studio album, ‘Pies Descalzos,’ was announced in 1996, and marked her come back to the entertainment industry. The album spawned six pop hits and received positive critical acclaim. To promote her album, she embarked on the ‘Tour Pies Descalzos’ tour.
- ‘Donde Estan Los Ladrones?’ was her next album, released in 1998. It represented Latin Pop music with rock en Espanol elements. The album went on to become one of the greatest Spanish-language soundtracks in the United States. It has sold over seven million albums sold.
- In 2001, she released the album Laundry Service,’ which marked her first foray into to the English language industry. The album’s lead single, ‘Whenever, Wherever,’ topped the ‘US Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
- Her debut album, ‘She Wolf,’ was released in 2009. The soundtrack sounded considerably different from her past projects, with components of electropop, dance music, and world styles. It was praised for its one-of-a-kindness.
- She performed ‘Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)’ with the South African band ‘Freshlyground,’ the official song of the 2010 ‘FIFA World Cup.’ The music gained huge success.
- Following the success of her single “Waka Waka,” she announced her album “Sale el Sol” in 2010. The soundtrack was widely praised and had commercial success around the world.
- The tenth studio album by Shakira was released on March 25, 2014. The following year, she did ‘Dare (La La La)’ at the 2014 World Cup main event.
- She performed the song ‘Try Everything’ for the 2016 film Zootopia. She embarked on her 6th worldwide tour, dubbed “The El Dorado World Tour,” in 2018.
Shakira awards and honors
She has won many times awards, including thirty-nine Billboard Latin Music Awards, three Grammy Awards, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. seven Billboard Music Awards, six Guinness World Records twelve Latin Grammy Awards, and four MTV Video Music Awards.
Billboard named her the Top Female Latin Performer of the Decade two times in the 2000s and 2010s. In 2011, she received the Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year and the Harvard Foundation Artist of the Year awards for her charity efforts with her Barefoot Foundation and her contributions to music. In 2011, she was hired to the President’s Advisory Board on Educational Excellence for Hispanics in the United States, and the French government made her a Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters in 2012.
Shakira Body measurements and more
|Height||5 feet 2 inches /157 cm|
|Weight||54 kg /119 pounds|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Hair Color||Brown or Dyed Blonde|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shakira children||Milan Piqué Mebarak|
Shakira’s Dating History
Shakira First Husband
In the year 2000, She started dating Argentine advocate Antonio de la Ra. After ten years around each other, Shakira and de la Rara separated in August2010 due to “a mutual choice to spend time beside of our romantic partner,” according to Shakira.
She did write that the pair “view this period of separation as temporary”, with de la Rúa supervising Shakira’s business and professional preferences as he has always done”. As previously reported in September 2012, de la Ra sued Shakira in April 2013, seeking $100 million in damages after Shakira abruptly ended her partnership business with him in October 2011. In August 2013, a Los Angeles County State Supreme court judge rejected his lawsuit.
She again began dating Gerard Piqué, a Spanish football player, in 2011. Piqué and Shakira met in the spring of 2010 when he appeared in the live performance of Shakira’s music “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa),” the official music of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. After after 11 years together, the couple announced their separation in a joint declaration in 2022.
Shakira’s Net Worth
her worth is $350 million and also has managed to sell over 75 million copies worldwide, producing her one of the world’s best-selling music artists.
After knowing everything about this talented lady. I am sharing my thoughts about her. She is too much interested in music from an early age and also loved her family with her music carrier. She is a hardworking and music-addicted lady.
Where is Shakira right now?
Shakira is relocating her household from Barcelona, Spain, to Miami after approaching a settlement agreement with her old boyfriend, Spanish soccer player Gerard Piqué.
What made Shakira famous?
Shakira’s professional debut in what way? Shakira began belly dancing as a kid, and by the age of ten, she was writing songs and competing in talent shows. Pies descalzos (1995) was her first hugely successful album, and she won her first Grammy Award for best Latin pop album in 2000. (MTV Unplugged).
When did Shakira learn English?
Shakira began taking English lessons after the year 2000. Her debut album, Laundry Service, debuted at No. 3 the following year. Shakira and her boyfriend, Barcelona soccer player Gerard Pique, welcomed their son Milan in January 2013.
Is Shakira religious?
She was raised in a Catholic household and joined Catholic schools for early schooling.
How long was Shakira with her ex?
Shakira and Gerard Piqué have announced their divorce. On June 4, 2022, the partner declared their divorce in a joint declaration after 11 years together.