Paul McCartney comes at No.4 among the richest singers in the world with his highest earnings. He is a legendary English musician and a former member of the legendary music band “The Beatles”.
Paul McCartney is a famous English musician and a former member of the legendary music band “The Beatles”. He has won Grammy awards multiple times and as a member of The Beatles, he was also a two-time inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and as a solo artist in 1999.
Paul McCartney is one of the most successful performers and composers of the decade. Paul has achieved legendary status with his continuous success as a musician and is also considered the icon of 20th-century English music.
Paul was influenced at a very young age by his father who was a trumpet player and by watching him playing the trumpet he started loving music. As a teenager, he began writing songs and started playing the guitar. Paul was very young when he first met John Lennon who played with a band at a church festival. John invited him to join the band and later other aspiring musicians also joined the group and thus, “The Beatles” was born.
A few years after “The Beatles” formation, they started achieving phenomenal fame, and all the group members including Paul McCartney became famous internationally. Paul had already become an influential figure by that time. When “The Beatles” broke up, Paul embarked on a solo music career along with all his musical achievements. Paul also includes himself in social and philanthropic activities.
Paul McCartney Childhood & Early Life:
Paul McCartney was born on 18 June 1942 to a father James McCartney who was a cotton salesman and also a jazz pianist with a local band and to a mother Mary Patrica who was a midwife. Paul was born in Liverpool, England, and was raised with his younger brother.
Paul completed his schooling at the Stockton Wood Road Primary School where he met his new friend George Harrison. When Paul was just 14 years old his mother died of breast cancer which shattered him a lot.
At a church festival, Paul met John Lennon, they both lost their mothers which make them bond quickly and they two became good friends then after. At that time John was a member of a band named “Quarrymen” and he invited Paul to join the band.
Paul McCartney Career:
- Over the next few years, the band adopted the name, “The Beatles”. It also saw many changes in the personnel and by 1962 the line-up consisted of Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr.
- The band’s first single, “Love Me Do”, principally written by Paul McCartney in collaboration with Lennon was released in 1962. The single became a hit and the Beatles became very popular.
- In 1965 the group released their album, ‘Help!’ which spawned the hit single “Yesterday” written by Paul McCartney. The song went on to become one of the most covered songs in the history of recorded music with more than 2,200 cover versions.
- Paul McCartney gave the group an idea for a concept album, ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ was released in 1976 with immediate success. It performed well commercially and was also critically acclaimed. It spent 27 weeks at the top of the albums chart in the United Kingdom and won four Grammy Awards in 1968.
- Even though the band achieved phenomenal popularity and widespread success, the relations between the band members became strained and they started having frequent disagreements. Thus Paul McCartney left the band in 1970.
- In 1971, he along with his wife Linda McCartney, session drummer Denny Seiwell, and former Moody Blues guitarist Denny Laine formed the rock band ‘Paul McCartney and Wings’.
- Paul McCartney and Wings released several albums over the next decade including ‘Red Rose Speedway (1973), ‘Band on the Run’ (1973), ‘Venus and Mars’ (1975), ‘Wings at the Speed of Sound’ (1976), and ‘Back to the Egg’ (1979). The group disbanded in 1981 following disagreements over royalties and salaries.
- The 1980s was a difficult time for Paul McCartney. He had become a drug addict and was arrested for possession of marijuana and fined. The same decade also saw the murder of his former partner, John Lennon, which deeply disturbed him. Even though he continued creating music, he could not achieve much success during this period.
- During the 1990s, he collaborated with Martin Glover—popularly known as Youth—who was the bassist of the rock band ‘Killing Joke’ and formed the band ‘The Fireman’. They came out with the album ‘Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest’, in 1993. The same year, McCartney released the rock album, ‘Off the Ground’.
- He took a break from his solo career to work on ‘The Beatles Anthology, a documentary TV series, a three-volume set of double albums, and a book focusing on the history of The Beatles. All the three surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr, participated in the making of the works.
- He continued touring, performing, and recording new albums well into the new millennium even though he was now in his sixties. The albums he released during this period include ‘Ecce Cor Meum’ (2006), ‘Memory Almost Full’ (2007), and ‘Electric Arguments’ (2008).
- Egypt Station became McCartney’s first album in 36 years to top the Billboard 200, and his first to debut at number one. On 26 July 2018 McCartney played at The Cavern Club, with his regular band of Anderson, Ray, Wickens, and Abe Laboriel Jr. The gig was filmed and later broadcast by BBC, on Christmas Day 2020, as Paul McCartney at the Cavern Club.
- McCartney’s 18th solo album, McCartney III, was released on 18 December 2020, via Capitol Records. An album of “reinterpretations, remixes, and covers” titled McCartney III Imagined was released on 16 April 2021.
- McCartney’s book The Lyrics: 1956 to the Present was released in November 2021. Described as a “self-portrait in 154 songs”, the book is based on conversations McCartney had with the Irish poet Paul Muldoon. “The Lyrics” was named Book of the Year by both Barnes & Noble and Waterstones.
- McCartney’s “Got Back” tour ran from 28 April 2022 to 16 June 2022 in the United States, his first in the country since 2019, and running from. The tour concluded on 25 June 2022 when McCartney headlined Glastonbury Festival, a week after his 80th birthday. Performing on the Pyramid Stage, he became the oldest solo headliner at the festival. Special guests were Dave Grohl and Bruce Springsteen.
Recommended: Kanye West 1st Richest Singer Biography and Career
Paul McCartney Awards and Achievements:
- Paul McCartney is a 21-time Grammy Award winner, including 12 as a member of ‘The Beatles’ and six as a solo artist.
- He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice: Class of 1988 as a member of the Beatles and Class of 1999 as a solo artist.
- In 1997, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his services to music.
- He received the Gershwin Prize for his contributions to popular music in 2010.
- He received the French Légion d’Honneur for his services to music in 2012 and star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2015, International Astronomical Union’s Minor Planet Center named asteroid 4148 McCartney.
Paul McCartney’s Personal Life:
In 1967, Paul MacCartney met Linda Eastman who was a photographer by profession, and later in 1969, they both got married. Paul adopted Linda’s daughter from her first marriage and they both have three children together. In 1998 Linda died due of breast cancer.
In 2002, Paul married a former model named Heather Mills. They both have a daughter together but their marriage didn’t work out for a longer period of time so they divorced in 2008. In 2011 he married New Yorker Nancy Shevell.
Paul McCartney is actively involved in social activities. He is a strong advocate of vegetarianism and animal rights and also supports charities that fight cancer.
Paul McCartney Social Media:
Paul McCartney is a well-established and legendary American singer. He has a huge fan following throughout the world, he also respects his fans and likes to share his personal and professional life events with the people who follow and admire him. Paul is socially active and is available on various social media sites including Instagram and Twitter His social media handles are mentioned below:
Instagram Account: @paulmccartney
Twitter Account: @PaulMcCartney
Facebook Account: @PaulMcCartney
Paul McCartney Net Worth:
Paul McCartney is an English singer, songwriter, and musician who gained worldwide fame through his music. His net worth makes him one of the wealthiest musicians in the world. McCartney also enjoyed success as a solo artist and the founder of the band Wings.
Paul McCartney’s estimated net worth as of 2022 is about $1.2 Billion.
Recommended: Rihanna 2nd Richest Singer Biography and Net Worth
Some Amazing Facts About Paul McCartney:
- His debut studio album, ‘McCartney’, released in 1970 peaked at No. 1 position on the US Billboard 200 chart and remained there for three weeks; it reached No. 2 in Britain.
- The album ‘Band on the Run’ released by Paul McCartney and Wings, became the top-selling studio album of 1974 in the United Kingdom and Australia. It was eventually certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and remains his most successful album to date.
- McCartney was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 as a member of the Beatles and again as a solo artist in 1999.
- In 1979, the Guinness Book of World Records recognized McCartney as the “most honored composer and performer in music”, with 60 gold discs.
- As Paul McCartney is a popular musician he had been involved with several women in his younger days.
Quotes By Paul McCartney: