Mukesh Ambani comes ninth among the richest men in the world with his highest income. He is an Indian business tycoon and also the chairman of a well-known company all over the world “Reliance Industries Limited”.
Mukesh Ambani is an Indian business tycoon and chairman of ‘Reliance Industries Limited’ (RIL). He is ranked among the richest people in the world. He was the richest person in India for a very long period of time but now he is taken over by Gautam Adani
Ambani is considered to be one of the world’s most powerful personalities. His brilliance and success can be evaluated in the terms of market value by the fact that his company is currently India’s most valuable company.
He joined ‘Reliance Industries’ and assisted his father in the establishment of the textile industry, after completing his education. With his hard work and sincerity, he expanded the business to different sectors, including petrochemicals, retail, and telecommunications.
The company was divided into two parts between him and his brother Anil, after the death of his father, he and his brother parted ways. His intense business sense and will to scale greater heights made him an icon for the development of the business sector in India.
He has created great wealth not just for his family, but also for thousands of his shareholders and employees. He is a living legend among the business community of India and serves as an inspiration to millions of people around the world.
Mukesh Ambani Childhood and Early Life:-
Mukesh Ambani was born on 19 April 1957 to a father Dhirubhai Ambani and a mother Kokilaben Ambani in Aden, Yemen. He has three siblings in total including two sisters Dipti Salgaoncar and Nina Kothari and one younger brother Anil Ambani.
Before moving to Mumbai in 1958 Dhirubhai Ambani worked at a firm in Yemen. In Mumbai, at first, he started his own business of spices, and after he focused on the textile business and became one of India’s most well-known business personalities.
Mukesh completed his schooling along with his brother Anil Ambani from the ‘Hill Grange High School ‘, Mumbai. For pursuing his graduation he joined the “Institute Of Chemical Technology” in Matunga where he obtained BE degree in chemical engineering.
Mukesh went to the USA for doing a master’s degree in business administration (MBA). He pursued his MBA at “Stanford University” but later he had to drop out to assist his father in establishing ‘Reliance industries’.
Mukesh Ambani’s Career:-
- Upon returning, he helped his father in setting up a polyester filament yarn (PFY) manufacturing plant. In 1981, he officially joined the ‘Reliance Industries.’
- He emerged as the originator of Reliance’s backward integration from textiles to polyester fiber and later into petrochemicals. During the process, he led the creation of 51 new, world-class manufacturing facilities that involved diverse technologies which raised Reliance’s manufacturing capacity.
- He also helped in the establishment of ‘Reliance Infocomm Limited’ which focused on information and communications technology initiatives. After the business was divided between the two brothers, his younger brother took over the company which is now known as ‘Reliance Communications Limited.’
- In 2008, his company ‘Reliance Industries’ bought a cricket team worth $111.9 million (Mumbai Indians) in ‘The Indian Premier League.’
- He currently holds the position of chairman, managing director, chairman of ‘The Finance Committee,’ and member of ‘The Employees Stock Compensation Committee’ of ‘Reliance Industries Limited.’
- His company currently operates in five major segments: exploration and production, refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail, and telecommunications. It is ranked among the ‘Fortune Global 500’ companies and is India’s most valuable company by market value.
- He served on the board of directors of ‘Bank of America Corporation’ and on the ‘International Advisory Board of the Council on Foreign Relations.’ He has also served as the chairman of the ‘Board of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore’ (IIMB).
- He revolutionized the Indian network communications by setting up the digital infrastructure of the 4G network and forming the ‘Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited,’ popularly known as ‘Jio,’ which was made available in September 2016.
- His company ‘Reliance’ has partnered with many international companies, such as ‘BP plc’ (British Petroleum Company plc), ‘Niantic Inc.,’ ‘Network 18,’ and ‘Eros International’ among many other companies.
Recommended:- Gautam Adani 8th Richest Man, Biography and Net Worth
Mukesh Ambani’s Awards and Recognition:-
- In 2004, he received the ‘World Communication Award’ for the ‘Most Influential Person in Telecommunications’ from ‘Total Telecom.’
- In 2007, he was awarded the ‘United States-India Business Council Leadership Award’ by the ‘United States-India Business Council.’ The same year, he won the ‘Chitralekha Person of the Year Award,’ presented by the government of Gujarat.
- In 2010, he was named the ‘Business Leader of the Year’ by ‘NDTV India’ and ‘Businessman of the Year’ by the ‘Financial Chronicle.’
- In 2010, he was presented with the ‘School of Engineering and Applied Science Dean’s Medal’ by the ‘University of Pennsylvania.’
- In 2010, he also won the ‘Global Leadership Award,’ presented by the ‘Business Council for International Understanding.’
- In 2010, he received the Honorary Doctorate (Doctor of Science) degree from the ‘Maharaja Sayajirao University,’ Baroda.
- In 2014, he was ranked 36 on ‘Forbes’ list of the world’s most powerful people. In 2018, he was ranked 32 on the same list.
- He was honored with the ‘Asia Society Leadership Award’ by the ‘Asia Society,’ Washington D.C., USA.
- He won the ‘ET Business Leader Award’ in 2017 for ‘Corporate Excellency.’
Recommended:- Sergey Brin 7th Richest Man, Biography and Net Worth
Mukesh Ambani’s Personal Life:-
Mukesh Ambani married Nita Ambani in 1985. They both are blessed with three children named Anant Ambani, Akash Ambani, and Isha Ambani.
They live in Antilia, a private 27-story building in Mumbai, which was valued at US$1 billion and was the most expensive private residence in the world at the time it was built. The building requires a staff of 600 for maintenance, and it includes three helipads, a 160-car garage, a private movie theater, a swimming pool, and a fitness center.
In February 2019, Mukesh helped his brother with 463 crores in a bailout when Anil was guilty of contempt of court which involved a partnership with ‘Ericsson’.
Mukesh Ambani’s Net Worth:-
Mukesh Ambani’s estimated net worth in 2022 is about $96 Billion.
Mukesh Ambani has an ownership stake of 42% in Reliance Industries worth $96.5 Billion. Other assets include his Mumbai residential property worth $410 million as a private asset.