All About Larry Page
billionaire larry page comes sixth among the richest man in the world with his highest earnings. He is an American entrepreneur, Computer Scientist, and co-founder of Google Inc.
Larry Page Biography
Larry Page, whose full name is Lawrence Page, is an American entrepreneur and computer scientist who co-founded Google Inc. along with Sergey Brin, Google is the search engine giant that offers a wide range of internet products and services.
Google started as an online search engine and gradually expanded its operations to other internet-related areas. As Larry is the son of a computer professional, His interest in computers developed at an early age.
As a child, Larry showed an eager interest in technology, business, and innovation. He met Sergey Brin while studying Computer Science at Stanford University, with whose assistance he developed a search engine that returns results based on the relevancy of the query.
Larry Page and Brin introduced the company and named it ‘Google Inc’ in 1998. Until 2001′ they both served as co-presidents, and after Eric Schmidt was appointed as Chairman and CEO of Google. In 2011, Page officially became the CEO of Google while Schmidt continues to serve as executive chairman.
Page is also a member of the Board of Directors of the company. He has an interest in sustainable energy technology and philanthropy. Google.org, the socially concerned branch of the company, was set up in 2004. It basically deals with issues of climate change and renewable energy.
larry page early life and childhood
Larry Page Age and date of birth
Larry Page was born on 26 March 1973 in Lansing, Michigan, the United States. He was born to a father Carl Page and a mother Gloria Page both were computer science professors. According to his date of birth, larry’s age is 49 years old as of 2023.
His interest in technology began at an early age because his home was used to be filled with computers and science magazines. Larry also had an interest in business and innovation that’s why by the age of 12 he decided that he wanted to start a company.
Larry Page education and collage
In 1991, He completed his graduation from East Lansing High School, and for pursuing his computer engineering degree he joined the University of Michigan. Later from Stanford University, he completed his Master’s in Computer Science.
The career of Larry Page and Company
- During his Ph.D. at Stanford, he met fellow researcher Sergey Brin while working on a research project in 1995. By 1996 they had built a search engine – initially called ‘BackRub’. It was operated on Stanford servers for many months.
- Page and Brin decided to incorporate their project as a company. Sun Microsystems co-founder Andy Bechtolsheim played a major role in financing the company as he wrote a check for $100,000 to the entity that had not even come into existence as yet.
- In September 1998, the project, now renamed ‘Google’, was officially incorporated as a company. Eric Schmidt was appointed as the CEO in 2001 while Page and Brin became the presidents of products and technology, respectively.
- In 2004, Google launched Orkut, a social networking site, and introduced the Google Desktop search. The same year, Google held its Initial Public Offering (IPO) which made Page and Brin millionaires. The philanthropic wing of Google, Google.org was formed to contribute to social issues and causes.
- The year 2005 was quite productive for Google. Google Maps, Blogger Mobile, Google Reader, and iGoogle were released that year. The next year, Google acquired Youtube and introduced the chat feature in Gmail.
- Google entered into a partnership with China Mobile and Salesforce.com in 2007. The company also signed partnerships to make Google Apps for Education freely available to thousands of students in Kenya and Rwanda.
- In 2008, Google launched Google Sites and a new version of Google Earth. Google Health, a personal health information centralization service, was also released in the same year, but the service was discontinued in 2011 when it was unable to achieve the desired impact.
- Picasa for Mac was launched in January 2009 followed by Google Latitude and the latest version of Google Earth. Google Ventures, a venture capital fund for supporting new technology companies, was also introduced the same year.
- In 2010, Google acquired Aardvark and Picnik. The Google Apps Marketplace, a new online store for integrated business applications, was launched to enable customers to easily manage cloud applications.
- In January 2011, Larry Page was made the CEO. Eric Schmidt, the former CEO, continues to serve the company as Executive Chairman. Google acquired Admeld and Zagat with a view to providing improvised services to its clients.
- Larry Page has not been at any press conferences since 2015 and has not presented at product launches or earnings calls since 2013. The Bloomberg Businessweek termed the reorganization into Alphabet a clever retirement plan allowing Page to retain control over Google, at the same time relinquishing all responsibilities over it. Executives at Alphabet describe Page as a “futurist”, highly detached from day-to-day business dealings, and more focused on moon-shot projects. While some managers of Alphabet companies speak of Page as intensely involved, others say that his rare office check-ins are “akin to a royal visit”.
- On December 3, 2019, Larry Page announced that he will step down from the position of Alphabet CEO and would be replaced by Google CEO Sundar Pichai. Pichai will also continue as Google CEO. Page and Google co-founder and Alphabet president Sergey Brin announced the change in a joint blog post, “With Alphabet now well-established, and Google and the Other Bets operating effectively as independent companies, it’s the natural time to simplify our management structure. We’ve never been ones to hold on to management roles when we think there’s a better way to run the company. And Alphabet and Google no longer need two CEOs and a President.” 
Larry Page Accomplishments
- In 2002, Page and Brin were named in the MIT Technology Review TR100 for being among the top 100 innovators in the world under the age of 35.
- The World Economic Forum named Page as a Global Leader for Tomorrow in 2002.
- Page and Brin received the prestigious Marconi Foundation Prize (2004) which is given to honor significant contributions to science and technology. They were also elected Fellow of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University.
- In 2009, Page received an honorary doctorate from the University of Michigan during a graduation commencement ceremony. In 2011, he was ranked 24th on the Forbes list of billionaires, and the 11th richest person in the U.S.
- In 2015, Page’s “Powerful People” profile on the Forbes site states that Google is “the most influential company of the digital era”.
- As of July 2014, the Bloomberg Billionaires Index lists Page as the 17th richest man in the world, with an estimated net worth of $32.7 billion.
- At the completion of 2014, Fortune magazine named Page its “Businessperson of the Year”, declaring him “the world’s most daring CEO”.
- In October 2015, Page was named number one on the Forbes “America’s Most Popular Chief Executives” list, as voted by Google’s employees.
- In August 2017, Page was awarded honorary citizenship of Agrigento, Italy.
Larry Page’s Net Worth
Larry Page’s estimated net worth in 2022 is about $103 Billion. Larry Page is an American billionaire entrepreneur who earned his fortune as the founder of Google. Larry Page is most notable for being the co-founder and former CEO of the web giant Alphabet which owns several subsidiary companies, including the search engine Google. Larry Page created Google with Sergey Brin while they were both graduate students at Stanford.
Larry Page Personal Life
Larry Page Wife
In 2007, Larry Page married Lucinda Southworth who is a research scientist. They both also have two children together.
Larry Page Quotes
Is Larry Page richer than Mark Zuckerberg?
Who is owner of Google?
Google, in comprehensive Google LLC formerly Google Inc. (1998-2017), is an American search engine firm that was established in 1998 by Sergey Brin and Larry Page and is a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
How much rich is Larry Page?
Larry Page’s personal wealth of $86.1 billion can purchase