Richest Singer in the World
Kanye West tops the list and comes at No.1 among the richest singers in the world with his highest earnings. He is a well-known American rapper, record producer, and fashion designer.
Come to life Kanye Introduction
Kanye Omari West worldwide known as Kanye West is a well-established American rapper, record producer, and fashion designer. Kanye’s mother Donda west is highly educated she raised him in the city of Chicago. He was raised in a middle-class family.
At a very young age, Kanye West was interested in poetry and was very creative that’s why from the age of seven he started rapping and later told his mother that he is really passionate about rapping and wants to get record music more seriously.
At the age of 20, Kanye West decided to pursue music professionally so he got dropped out of college his mother also supported him. At first, he begins his journey as a small-time producer until he produced “The Blueprint” with Jay-Z. After his first song, Kanye West started to be recognized by people and also worked with talented people including Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Ludacris, etc.
Kanye west’s main goal was to become a successful rapper. in 2002 He got his first opportunity to record his first solo album. After releasing his first solo album Kanye never looked back in his career and gave good hip-hop music to the industry with his songs including “The College Dropout”, “Late Registration”, “Graduation”, and “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”, etc. His innovations and the risks he takes to be creative with his music have always been appreciated by music critics.
Kanye West Childhood & Early Life:
Kanye West was born on 8 June 1977 to a father Ray West who was one of the Black Panthers and the first-ever black journalist at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and a mother Dr. Donda C. Williams West who was an English professor at the Clark Atlanta University and at the Chicago State University she was the Chair of English department. According to their date of birth, his age is 45 years old.
Kanye Dad and Mom
father Ray West who was one of the Black Panthers and the first-ever black journalist at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and a mother Dr. Donda C. Williams West who was an English professor at the Clark Atlanta University and at the Chicago State University she was the Chair of English department
Kanye was just 3 years old when his parents divorced and his mother took him with her and moved to Chicago, Illinois. Kanye West was raised well by his mother. He began his schooling at Polaris High School in Illinois but later he shifted to Nanjing, China when he was only 10 years because his mother was teaching at Nanjing University as a part of an exchange program. Since his childhood, he was very creative. At the age of five, he wrote his first poetry and also started rapping. By the time he was in seventh grade, Kanye started composing his own music.
Kanye West started to get more into the hip-hop scene in Chicago. At the age of thirteen, he wrote a rap song named “Green Eggs and Ham”. He started recording in a studio by taking money from his mother. Whereas his mother did not want this path for him but still she accompanied him to a small basement studio in the city. Kanye met his mentor The Godfather of Chicago Hip Hop, No I.D.
Kanye West got a scholarship from Chicago’s American Academy of Art in 1997. He took the scholarship to learn the art of painting and further pursuing English Literature he transferred to the Chicago State University. For pursuing his dream of becoming a full-time rapper and a musician he dropped out of his college at the age of twenty.
Kanye Albums and more
- From the mid-90s until the early 2000s, Kanye West was involved in small-time music production projects. He made music for local artists and was also a ghost producer for Deric “D-Dot” Angelettie. Kanye West got the much-awaited opportunity in 2000 when he became the producer for artists on Roc-A-Fella Records. He produced hit singles for famous singers like Common, Ludacris, Cam’Ron, etc. In 2001, world-renowned rapper and entertainment business tycoon Jay-Z asked West to produce many tracks of his hit album The Blueprint.
- Around this time, Kanye West continued to produce tracks for singers and rappers like Alicia Keys, Janet Jackson, etc. Subsequently, he became a successful producer but his true desire was to become a rapper. It became a very challenging situation for him to get acceptance as a rapper and crack a record deal. In 2002, Kanye got the breakthrough that he was looking for in an unusual fashion. He met with an accident while coming back from a long recording session in L.A., as he fell asleep at the wheels. While he was in the hospital, he wrote down the song “Through the Wire”, which was three weeks later recorded by Roc-A-Fella Records and became a part of his debut album Death.
- In 2004, Kanye West came up with his second album “The College Dropout”, which became an instant hit among music lovers. It sold 441,000 copies in its first week. It secured the number two position on Billboard 200. It has a number called “Slow Jamz” that featured Twista and Jamie Foxx alongside West. It was voted the top album of the year by two big music publications. Another track from the album called “Jesus Walks” showcased West’s emotions about faith and Christianity.
- In 2005, Kanye West collaborated with American film composer Jon Brion, who co-executively produced many tracks on the album, to work on West’s new album “Late Registration”. He hired a string orchestra for the album and afforded the cost with the money he had made from “The College Dropout”. It sold 2.3 million copies in the United States. In the same year, West announced that he will release his Pastelle Clothingline in 2006, but it was canceled in 2009.
- In 2007, Kanye West released his third studio album “Graduation”. He released it at the same time 50 Cent’s Curtis came out. But Graduation outsold Curtis by a huge margin and secured the number one position on the US Billboard 200. It sold about 957,000 copies in its very first week. A track called “Stronger” became West’s biggest hit single thus far.
- In 2008, Kanye West released his fourth studio album “808s & Heartbreak”. The album topped the Billboard charts and sold 450,000 copies during its first few weeks. The inspiration for this album came from the sad demise of West’s mother Donda West and his break-up with his fiancée Alexis Phifer. The album is said to have inspired hip-hop music and other rappers to take more creative risks with their productions. In the same year, West announced that he would open 10 Fatburger restaurants in Chicago. The first one was opened in Orland Park in 2008.
- In 2009, Kanye West teamed up with Nike to release his own shoes. He named it Yeezy and released another version of it in the year 2012. In the same year, he came out with his new shoe line for Louis Vuitton and released it during Paris Fashion Week. Kanye West also designed shoes for Bape and Giuseppe Zanotti.
- In 2010, Kanye West’s fifth studio album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” was released and it topped the Billboard charts in its first few weeks itself. It was considered a genius work by music critics. It got rave reviews from all over the world and included hits like All of the Lights, Power, Monster, Runaway, etc. This album went platinum in the United States
- In 2013, Kanye West came up with his sixth album Yeezus and took a more non-commercial approach to make it. He incorporated genres like Chicago Drill, Dancehall, Acid House, and Industrial Music in the making of this album. The album was released in the month of June and has received rave reviews from music critics.
- On February 14, 2016, Kanye West released his seventh album titled “The Life of Pablo”.
- He came up with his eighth album “Ye” on June 1, 2018. In August 2018, he released the non-album single “XTCY”.
- In January 2019, Kanye West started his weekly Sunday Service orchestration. It includes soul variations, West’s songs, and songs by other celebrities. In January 2022, he announced the release of his eleventh studio album, “Donda 2”.
KanyeWest Awards and achievements
- Kanye West has won a variety of awards. These include a Webby Award for Artist of the Year, and Accessories Council Excellence Award for being a style maker, an International Man of the Year at the GQ Awards, and a Clio Award for The Life of Pablo Album Experience, and honor by The Recording Academy. West is one of eight acts to have won the Billboard Artist Achievement Award.
- Kanye West has won the Brit Award for Best International Male Solo Artist a joint-record three times, in addition to being one of three artists to have won the award in consecutive years. In 2011, he became the first artist to win Best Male Hip-Hop Artist at the BET Awards three times, he is the male artist with the most wins for Video of the Year at the ceremony, and the only person to have been awarded the Visionary Award at The BET Honors.
- Kanye West has received the most nominations for Best Hip-Hop Video at the MTV Video Music Awards (nine), along with the second-most nominations for Best Male Video (seven). In 2015, he became the third rap act to win the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. West has won 21 Grammys, he has the second-most wins (21) and nominations (68) for a rapper both behind Jay-Z. He has been the most nominated act at five ceremonies and won the most Grammys by a male artist, and fourth-most overall in the 2000s decade.
- In 2008, Kanye West became the first solo artist to have his first three albums receive nominations for Album of the Year. Only Eminem (six times) has won Best Rap Album more times than West (four times); additionally, West and Eminem are the only acts to have won the award in multiple successive years. West has the most wins and nominations for Best Rap Song.
- Kanye West is one of the best-selling digital artists of all time. He is the 7th highest certified artist in the US by digital singles (69 million). He had the most RIAA digital song certifications by a male artist in the 2000s (19) and was the fourth best-selling digital songs artist of the 2000s in the US. In Spotify’s first ten years from 2008 to 2018, West was the sixth most streamed artist, and the fourth-fastest artist to reach one billion streams. Kanye West has the joint-most consecutive studio album to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 (9).
- Between August 2005 and June 2008, Kanye West had the two highest first-week album sales in the US and was the only act to sell more than 800,000 in an opening week. Graduation and Watch the Throne, both broke US first-week digital and iTunes albums sales. West has the joint-fifth most number-one singles in New Zealand (six), and the third most number-one singles on the Hot Rap Songs chart (nine). He has the third-most top-ten singles in the UK by a rapper (20), and the joint-second most platinum singles in the UK by a rapper (eight). West is one of seven acts to have 100+ Billboard Hot 100 entries.
- Kanye West’s albums have received numerous accolades. All of West’s first six solo studio albums were included on Rolling Stone‘s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time (2020), with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (17) being the highest-ranking 21st-century album.
- Entertainment Weekly named The College Dropout the best album of the 2000s decade, Complex named Graduation as the best album released between 2002 and 2012, and 808s & Heartbreak was named by Rolling Stone as one of the 40 most groundbreaking albums of all time, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was named by numerous publications as the best album of the 2010s decade and one of the greatest albums of all time, Yeezus was the most critically acclaimed album of 2013, and The Life of Pablo was the first album to top the Billboard 200, go platinum in the US, and go gold in the UK, via streaming alone.
- Kanye West’s singles have also obtained adulation and prestige. “Heartless” was among the top-ten best-selling singles worldwide in 2009, “Stronger” is one of the most downloaded songs of all time on iTunes, and “Gold Digger” was the ninth biggest Hot 100 song of the 2000s.
- Kanye West is regarded as one of the greatest hip-hop producers of all time. He made the most appearance on Complex’s “Best Producers of every year since 1979” list (five). On Billboard‘s 2000s Decade-end charts, West was third on the list of top producers. West has made more appearances (four) than any other act on The Guardian‘s “The Best Albums of the 21st Century” list, having topped the annual Pazz & Jop critic poll the joint-most times (four albums). In 2009, he became the first non-athlete to have a shoe deal with Nike. In 2014, NME named him the third most influential artist in music. In 2015, Kanye West became the second-ever rapper to headline Glastonbury Festival.
- In 2021, Kanye West won Best Contemporary Christian Music Album at the 2021 Grammys. He was named Songwriter of the Year at the 2021 BMI Trailblazers of Gospel Music Awards.
Kanye West Net Worth
Kanye West is a popular American rapper, fashion designer, and entrepreneur. He tops the list of wealthiest singers in the world with his highest earnings. He is a self-made Billionaire, most of his wealth is derived from his brand Yeezy and his music records. Kanye West’s estimated net worth as of 2022 is $6 Billion.
Kanye West Personal Life
Kanye West’s mother Donda West died at the age of 58 due to heart disease right after her plastic surgery procedure in November 2007. He got traumatized after her mother’s demise as Kanye was extremely close to her mother. Donda released her portrayal before her death named “Raising Kanye: Life Lessons from the Mother of a Hip-Hop Superstar”.
Kanye Ex Girlfriend
In August 2006, before getting engaged to designer Alexis Phifer. Kanye West was in an on-and-off relationship with her. Their engagement lasted for 18 months before they got separated in 2008. From 2008 to 2010, Kanye West was also in a relationship with Amber Rose who was a model.
Kanye West started dating Kim Kardashian in April 2012 and in October 2013 they both got engaged. After a few months, they both tied the knot on 24 May 2014 at Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. They both have four children together including two daughters named North West and Chicago West and two sons named Saint West and Psalm West.
Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kanye West in February 2021. Before breaking up with Kim in less than two months West began dating actress Julia Fox.
KanyeWest Social Media
Kanye West is a well-established and well-known American rapper, record producer, and fashion designer. He has a huge fan following throughout the world, he also respects his fans and likes to share his personal and professional life events with the people who follow and admire him. Kanye West is socially active and is available on various social media sites including Instagram and Twitter His social media handles are mentioned below:
Some Un-Known Facts About
- When Kanye West dropped out of college in 1996, his mother became very upset with him but later on with his success as a musician she confessed that not everybody has to go through formal education to prove their worth.
- After a near-death experience in 2002, West recorded his first solo Through the Wire at the studio with his jaw still wired shut
- In 2004, when West lost the Best New Artist award to Gretchen Wilson at the American Music Awards, he claimed that he will never return to the music awards ever again. But later on, he apologized for his attitude.
- Kanye West is one of the rare entertainers to make it to the cover of Time magazine. He was named among the 100 most influential people of the year 2005 by the magazine.
- In 2009, at MTV VMAs, while Taylor Swift gave her acceptance speech for the Best Female Video Award, Kanye West jumped in between and said that Beyonce’s Single Ladies is the best video of all time. This act West was highly criticized and celebrities like Kelly Clarkson and President Obama criticized his antics. Later, Kanye West made a personal phone call to Taylor and apologized.
- West co-hosted the Concert for Hurricane Relief televised show and he strayed from his script and announced out of the blue that “George Bush doesn’t care for black people.” His statement became the national headline and George Bush called it the most disgraceful moment in his presidency.
Kanye West Quotes
Why is Kanye not on Spotify?
Ek stated that even if Ye’s antisemitic remarks were produced in music or on a Spotify podcast, the recordings would be removed. Moreover, none of it is available on the streaming site. “It’s simply his music, and it doesn’t violate our policy,” Ek explained.
What religion is Kanye?
His Christian faith, public wedding to Kim Kardashian, and mental well-being have all garnered media attention. West ran a failed independent presidential campaign in 2020, primarily advocating for a consistent life ethic.