About Jeff Bezos
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos comes second in the list of the richest man in the world with the second highest earnings. He is the founder of the well-known e-commerce site Founder Of Amazon
About Jeff Bezos Business/ Biography
Amazon Owner is an American entrepreneur and also the founder of the giant e-commerce site Amazon.com. He was born to a father Ted Jorgensen and a mother Jacklyn Gise but after her mother got married to Miguel Bezos, a Cuban immigrant and he adopted Jeff. He used to spend his summer holidays at her Grandfather’s home in Texas.
He did his schooling at Miami Palmetto Senior High School and further completed his bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Princeton University.
He worked in companies including Fitel, Bankers Trust, and D.E. Shaw & Co., New York, and also became the youngest wise president at D.E. Shaw & Co.
He constantly introduces improved facilities for making it more customer friendly. For completing his childhood dream of traveling in space he founded an aerospace company named “Blue Origin” that offers space travel to customers. Bezos is listed as one of the wealthiest people in the world by the Bloomberg Billionaires Index with an estimated net worth of
Jeff Bezos Early Life
Jeff Bezos Age/ birthday
amazonceo was born on 12 January 1964, to a mother Jacklyn Gise, and a father Ted Jorgensen, and according to his date of birth his age is 58 years old as of 2023.
Jeff Bezos Dad and Mom
Her mother was a teenager when she married his father after her marriage ended with Ted Jorgensen she married Miguel Bezos who legally adopted Jeff. They all as a family moved to Houston, Texas, where Miguel worked as an engineer in a company named Exxon.
Jeff Bezos Education
Amazon jeff bezos attended the University of Florida’s Student Science Training Program. In 1982, he was valedictorian of his high school, a National Merit Scholar, as well as the recipient of the Silver Knight Award. Bezos stated in his graduation speech that he dreams of the day when humanity will colonize space.
A local paper mentioned his actual intent “to get all people off the earth and see it turned into a huge national park”. He received a 4.2 GPA as well as a B.sc in Engineering course (B.S.E.) in both computer science and electrical engineering from Princeton University in 1986; he was also member of Phi Beta Kappa. Bezos was a participant of the Quadrangle Club, was one Princeton’s 11 eating clubs, while at Princeton. He was also elected to Tau Beta Pi and served as president of the Princeton chapter of Educators for the Development and Exploration of Space (SEDS).
Jeff Bezos Accomplishments
- Jeff’s family moved to Miami, Florida where he attended Miami Palmetto Senior High School. At the University of Florida, he also attended the Student Science Training Programme and received a Silver Knight Award in 1982.
- While in high school, he started his first business venture, the Dream Institute, an educational summer camp for fourth, fifth, and sixth graders. He graduated as a high school valedictorian.
- In 1982, he entered Princeton University, where he studied computers. He was elected to the honor societies Phi Beta Kappa and Tau Beta Pi at Princeton.
Jeff Bezos Companies
- He used to take up summer jobs. In June 1984, he took a summer job as a Programmer/Analyst in Norway, and the following year, he improved an IBM Program in California.
- He served as the President of Princeton’s Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. In 1986, he graduated summa cum laude, with a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- After graduation, he worked at several firms on Wall Street, such as Fitel Bankers Trust, and the investment firm D.E. Shaw.
- He joined D. E. Shaw & Co, New York, in 1990. He became the youngest Vice President there. His career in finance was extremely lucrative, but he decided to quit after four years.
- In 1995, he founded Amazon.com, an online bookstore. Market analysts were initially skeptical about its success vis-a-vis the traditional stores, but it soon outpaced its competitors. In 1997, the company went public
- With time, Amazon started to diversify its portfolio. In 1998, it started offering CDs and videos and, in 2002, it also included clothes in its portfolio.
- In 2003, Amazon formed A9, a commercial search engine focusing on e-commerce websites. He also launched an online sporting goods store that offered up to 3,000 different brands.
- The year 2007 saw Amazon introduce a handheld electronic reading device, the Kindle, which uses E-Ink to render text with adjustable font size to enhance ease of reading.
- In 2010, Amazon signed a deal with The Wylie Agency which gave Amazon the digital rights to the works of authors. Publishers were bypassed and felt angered. However, readership and sales increased, thereby benefitting authors.
- Competing with Apple iPad, Bezos introduced Kindle Fire, a color touch screen mini tablet computer. With Kindle Paperwhite, Amazon gave e-readers comfort and convenience with illuminated touchscreens that enabled reading in the dark.
- He launched Amazon Studios apart from Amazon Local, LivingSocial, and Amazon Web Services. Amazon plans to present the television programs through an online video service.
- On August 5, 2013, he purchased The Washington Post and other publications affiliated with The Washington Post Co., for $250 million cash marking the end of the four generations of reign by the Graham family.
- In December 2013, Bezos revealed an experimental initiative called Amazon Prime Air that uses drones capable of carrying weight up to 5 pounds and traveling 10 miles to provide delivery services to customers.
- To focus on the Day 1 Fund, Bezos Earth Fund, Blue Origin, The Washington Post, and his other passions he announced that he will step down from the post of CEO of Amazon and will become the executive chairman of the Amazon Board on February 2021.
- In July 2018, it was announced that Bezos had priced commercial spaceflight tickets from $200,000 to $300,000 per person.
- On July 20, 2021, he launched the NS-16 mission with his brother Mark Bezos, Wally Funk, and Oliver Daeman. He launched nine days after Richard Branson launched onboard The Virgin Galactic Unity 22 mission.
Founder Of Amazon Awards and Achievements
- Jeff Bezos was awarded an honorary doctorate in Science and Technology from Carnegie Mellon University in 2008. He was also selected by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s best leaders.
- In 2011, The Economist gave Bezos and Gregg Zehr an Innovation Award for the Amazon Kindle. The following year, he was named Businessperson of The Year by Fortune.
- In December 2012, the National Retail Federation named Amazon the top retailer of the year and awarded him the Gold Medal Award, given to an individual who has served the industry with distinction.
Jeff Bezos’s Net worth
Jeff Bezos estimated net worth is about 12,130 crores USD in 2023. Jeff Bezos purchased the Warner Estate from David Geffen for $165 million, a record price paid for a residence in the Los Angeles area. The previous record high price of $150 million was paid by Lachlan Murdoch for the Chartwell Mansion. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it was reported that Jeff Bezos’s fortune had grown by $24 billion, citing a surge in demand from households on lockdown shopping on Amazon.
He further expanded his residential holdings in February 2022, purchasing a $16.13 million dollar apartment at a 24-story boutique condominium, located across from Madison Square Park in the Flatiron neighborhood, where he already owns all the units on the top floors.
Bezos is the owner of the Y721, a luxury superyacht estimated to cost more than $500,000,000. It is the largest yacht in the world.
Jeff Bezos Wife
In 1993, Jeff Bezos married MacKenzie Tuttle. They both met while working in the same company D.E. Shaw. They both have four children together. After living separately for a long time they both got divorced on 9 January 2019.
Jeff Bezos Girlfriend
Bezos is currently dating Lauren Sanchez as per the reports who is a former news anchor, TV Host, and also a helicopter pilot.
Jeff Bezos Quotes
Who owns Amazon now 2022?
Amazon’s founder and current CEO, Jeff Bezos, is the world’s biggest online retailer. Bezos has been a part of Amazon since its founding in 1994, and he currently owns 10% of the company.
What is the net worth of Jeff Bezos in rupees?
That is, according to Jeff Bezos’s Net Worth, it is roughly 1485 9.30 billion rupees. As a result, Jeff Bezos is now the first individual in the world to amass assets worth $ 200 billion when considering Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
Who owns Amazon now?
During the COVID-19 global epidemic in 2020, his fortune increased by around $24 billion. On July 5, 2021, Bezos moved down as CEO and President of Amazon and was promoted to executive chairman; Andy Jassy, the CEO and President of Amazon’s cloud services division, took over as CEO and President of Amazon.