Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Young
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, the granddaughter of the founder of L’Oreal, is the wealthiest woman in the world. She currently serves on the board of directors of L’Oreal, one of the largest global beauty companies, and has amassed a fortune through her involvement in the company. Her impressive earnings have placed her at the top of the list of the world’s richest women.
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Biography
Françoise Bettencourt Meyers is a French author and a board member of the personal care company L’Oréal. She is the only child of the majority shareholder of the company Liliane Bettencourt, After her mother’s death in 2017, Françoise Bettencourt Meyers inherited her mother’s wealth.
She is also the president of her family foundation named Bettencourt Schueller Foundation, which has over $700 million in assets. At present, she is one of the richest people in the world and is ranked at the top of Forbes magazine’s list of the richest women in the world.
Even though she is better known as the heiress of the world’s largest cosmetic company, Bettencourt Meyers also has an active academic career. As a prominent author, she has written books on Jewish-Christian relations as well as on Greek mythology.
Recommended:- Top 10 Richest Men In The World
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Bio and Early Life
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Age
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers was born on 10 July 1953 to a father Andre Bettencourt who was a French politician and a mother Liliane Bettencourt who was the majority shareholder of the world’s biggest cosmetic company L’Oreal. She was born in Neuilly-Sur-Seine, France, and according to her date of birth, her age is 78 years old.
- Bettencourt Meyers is the only daughter of the late Liliane Bettencourt, the multi-billionaire majority shareholder of the world’s biggest cosmetic company L’Oréal. After the death of her mother on 21 September 2017, Bettencourt Meyers became the heiress to her mother’s estate.
- At the time of her death, Liliane Bettencourt had a net worth of US$44.3 billion and was the 14th richest person in the world. Upon her inheritance of her mother’s fortunes, Bettencourt Meyers became the richest woman alive on earth as well as one of the 20 richest persons in the world.
- She is well known for her spiritual side and has published literature on Greek mythology and Jewish-Christian relations. She has written books on Judaism and Catholicism, the Tribes of Israel, and the family tree of Adam and Eve.
- Born and raised a Catholic, Meyer used her faith to explore the literary world; she wrote and published several Biblical commentaries that looked at words and expressions in the bible as well as the family trees and tribes that were present.
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers owns a 33 percent stake in the company, after inheriting her wealth from her mother. Despite the global pandemic that wreaked havoc on the world economy, L’Oréal reported that its sales revenue reached US$35.5 billion in 2021.
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers is currently the president of a philanthropic foundation that she founded alongside her parents, Liliane and Andre Bettencourt, a politician. Created in 1987, the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation is one that aims to contribute to a better French society, promote inclusivity and boost France’s influence on the international stage in life sciences and the arts.
- Since the foundation was founded, it has awarded prizes to 620 laureates and supported more than 1,000 projects that were led by talented individuals, teams, associations, and organizations.
- Additionally, Meyers and her family along with L’Oréal as a company donated US$226 million to help in the restoration of the iconic Notre Dame in Paris after a fire in 2019 left it badly damaged. 
Recommended:- Quotes By Top 10 Richest Men In The World
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Controversies:
- In 2008, her family got entangled in an ugly controversy. Françoise Bettencourt Meyers sued French photographer François-Marie Banier for duping her mother and taking money from her.
- According to her, Liliane Bettencourt was in a weak mental condition and Banier had exploited her emotional vulnerability to trick her into giving him money and gifts worth almost a billion dollars.
- The gifts included, among other items, numerous life insurance policies. Liliane Bettencourt considered Banier to be a good friend and was offended when Bettencourt Meyers sued him.
- As a result, the relationship between the mother and the daughter soured. After long-drawn court proceedings, Bettencourt Meyers settled out of court with both her mother and Banier in December 2010.
- After a fire severely damaged Notre-Dame de Paris, Bettencourt Meyers and L’Oréal pledged $226 million to repair the cathedral.
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Personal Life
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers married Jean-Pierre Meyers in 1984. He is the grandson of a rabbi who was murdered at Auschwitz. They both have two children together named Nicolas Meyers and Jean Victor. Both are raised in the Jewish tradition. Her son Nicolas Meyers is also one of the board members of L’Oreal.
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Net Worth
Francoise Bettenworth Meyers estimated net worth in 2022 is about US$75.3 Billion.
Meyers owns a 33 percent stake in the company, after inheriting her wealth from her mother and she is a board member of the beauty giant company “L’Oreal” which was founded by her grandmother.
Recommended:- Larry Ellison Wealthiest Person Biography and Net Worth
Quotes By Francoise Bettencort Meyers:
How did Francoise Bettencourt Meyers become rich?
She is a French author and a board member of the company L’Oréal. She also serves as the president of her family foundation, Bettencourt Schuller Foundation. As of January 2023, Françoise Bettencourt Meyers’ net worth is estimated to be $90 Billion, making her one of the richest women in the world.
How did Liliane Bettencourt get rich?
Liliane Bettencourt’s inherited wealth manufactured her the biggest individual stockholder of L’Oréal S.A. since her father’s death in 1957. The company went on to acquire the beauty and cosmetics brand Lancôme, the American marketing company Helena Rubinstein, and the American fashion retail chain Ralph Lauren.
Who is the richest woman in Paris?
Bettencourt Meyers and L’Oréal made a pledge $226 million to repair Notre-Dame de Paris after a fire severely damaged it. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, she is the world’s richest woman as of January 2022, with an approximate fortune of $94.9 billion.