About Bill Gates Biography
Bill Gates comes fourth among the top richest man in the world with the highest earnings. He is the business magnate and the co-founder of the World’s largest PC software company “Microsoft”.
About Bill Gates Foundation
Bill Gates is an American business magnate and computer programmer who is the co-founder of the World’s largest PC software company named Microsoft.
The company was formed in 1975, Gates performed as a chairman, CEO, and chief software architect. As he is one of the most famous entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution, therefore since 1987 he has been constantly ranked among the world’s wealthiest people.
Gates was born as the son of a successful lawyer, Bill Gates was encouraged from a young age to be competitive. Bright and curious, since his school days Gates has had an interest in computers and he also wrote his first computer program as a young boy.
After completing his schooling, he went to the well-known Harvard College though he did not stay there long enough to complete his studies. He dropped out the college and paired up with Paul Allen, his earlier schoolmate for pursuing his passion for computers, and for forming Microsoft.
Within the years of the company’s formation, the company proved to be highly successful and Gates became an internationally known entrepreneur. He is one of the wealthiest persons in the world, Bill Gates is a renowned philanthropist and also created the charity foundation Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation along with his ex-wife Melinda.
As he also has an interest in books, he has authored and co-authored several books and has also written and co-authored several books.
Bill Gates Early Life and Childhood
Bill Gates Age and Date of Birth
Bill Gates was born on 28 October 1955 to a father William H. Gates, Sr. who was a prominent lawyer, and to a mother Mary Maxwell Gates who was a member of the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem and the United Way. His full name is William Henry “Bill” Gates III, and according to this business tycoon age is 67 years old.
Bill Gates Education Background
He completed his schooling from the Lakeside School where he developed an interest in computers. He wrote his first software program only at the age of 13 and in high school along with his friends he also computerized the school’s payroll system.
Paul Allen, his future business co-founder was senior to him. They both teamed up to make traffic counters based on the intel 8008 processor and formed a venture called Traf-O-Data
Gates was a National Merit Scholar who scored 1590 out of 1600 in his high school. After graduating from high school the same year, he enrolled in Harvard College. He always had more interest in computers compared to other subjects. His future partner Allen suggested that Gates should drop out the college and start a business.
Bill Gates Achievements
Companies Of Bill Gates
- Bill Gates and Paul Allen collaborated to found Microsoft (initially called Micro-Soft) in 1975. In the beginning, they adapted BASIC, a popular programming language for use on microcomputers. It proved to be a success and they continued to develop programming language software for various systems.
- In 1980, the duo was approached by International Business Machine (IBM) with a proposal that Microsoft write the BASIC interpreter for IBM’s upcoming personal computer, the IBM PC. Microsoft created the PC DOS operating system which they delivered to IBM in exchange for a one-time fee of $50,000.
- Soon Microsoft’s operating systems became very popular and the company introduced an operating environment named Windows on November 20, 1985, as a graphical operating system shell for MS-DOS. Over the following years, Windows came to dominate the world’s personal computer market acquiring over 90% market share. The company saw phenomenal financial success, and being the company’s largest individual shareholder, Bill Gates amassed a great fortune.
- Microsoft introduced Microsoft Office in 1989. The package integrated several applications like Microsoft Word and Excel into one system that was compatible with all Microsoft products. The success of MS Office gave Microsoft a virtual monopoly on operating systems for PCs.
- In the mid-1990s when the use of the internet spread throughout the globe at an alarming speed, Gates focused Microsoft on the development of consumer and enterprise software solutions for the Internet. Windows CE operating system platform and the Microsoft Network were among the innovative solutions developed during this time.
- In January 2000, Gates stepped down as Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft though he retained his position as chairman. He created the new position of Chief Software Architect for himself. Over the next few years, he gradually transferred his duties to others at Microsoft and started spending more time on philanthropic works. He stepped down as Chairman of Microsoft in February 2014 and currently serves as a technology advisor to support CEO Satya Nadella.
- On March 13, 2020, Microsoft announced Gates would be leaving his board positions at Berkshire Hathaway and Microsoft to dedicate his efforts to philanthropic endeavors such as climate change, global health and development, and education.
Bill Gates Accomplishments and Awards
- Time magazine named Gates one of the 100 people who most influenced the 20th century, as well as one of the 100 most influential people of 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Time also collectively named Gates, his wife Melinda, and U2’s lead singer Bono as the 2005 Persons of the Year for their humanitarian efforts. In 2006, he was voted eighth on the list of “Heroes of our time”.
- According to Forbes, Gates was ranked as the fourth most powerful person in the world in 2012, up from fifth in 2011.
- In 2015, Gates and his wife Melinda received the Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award for their social work in the country.
- In 2016, Barack Obama honored Bill and Melinda Gates with the Presidential Medal of Freedom for their philanthropic efforts.
- In 2017, François Hollande awarded Bill and Melinda Gates with France’s highest national order, the Commander of the Legion of Honour, for their charity efforts.
- Entomologists named Bill Gates’ flower fly, Eristalis gates, in his honor in 1997.
- In 2021, Bill Gates was nominated at the 11th annual Streamy Awards for the crossover for his personal YouTube channel.
- In 2022, Bill Gates received the Hilal-e-Pakistan Second-highest civilian award for their social work in the country.
Bill Gates Net Worth
Bill Gates estimated net worth is about $123 Billion in 2022.
Bill Gates is an American business magnate, founder, and former chairman and CEO of Microsoft, philanthropist, and author. Over much of the last 20 years, Bill Gates has been the richest person in the world. He dropped to the second richest person in the world in July 2017 when he was overtaken by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. Today he is consistently one of the five richest people on the planet.
Today he owns less than 1.3% of Microsoft. He has sold tens of billions of dollars worth of Microsoft shares over the years. The proceeds of his sales have funded Cascade Investment LLC, the vehicle Gates uses to invest in hundreds of other companies.
Bill gates family/ex/children
Bill Gate married Melinda French in 1994. Melinda was working at Microsoft when they both met, and over a period of time, they both closer to each other. They both have three children together named Rory John Gates, Jennifer Katharine Gates, and Phoebe Adele Gates. After 27 years of happy marriage, they both got divorced in 2021.
Top 10 bill gates facts
- His childhood nickname was “Trey”.
- The first computer program that Bill Gates wrote was a tic-tac-toe game.
- As a school student, he used to brag that he would be a millionaire by the time he was 30—he actually became one by the time he was 31!
- Gates was once arrested in New Mexico in 1977 for driving without a license.
- He acquired the Codex Leicester—a collection of writings by Leonardo da Vinci—at an auction for $30.8 million, in 1994.
- Bill Gates’ biggest regret is that he doesn’t know any foreign languages.
- He is not active on Facebook despite being friends with Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- Had Microsoft failed to work out, he would have been a researcher for artificial intelligence.
- Gates says his kids will only inherit $10 million each despite his immense wealth.
- His all-time favorite business book is ‘Business Adventures’ by John Brooks, published in 1969.
Quotes by Bill Gates
What is Bill Gates famous for?
Bill co-founded Microsoft Corporation with Paul Allen in 1975, and oversaw the company’s growth to become the leading company in personal and business software and services. Bill made the decision to devote his full time to the foundation’s work in 2008.
What was Bill Gates highest net worth?
Bill Gates’ net worth of $111 billion can purchase
Who is the world’s highest IQ?
He currently holds the Guinness World Record for IQ at 210 and was invited to Hanyang University as a guest student in physics when he was three years old. NASA invited him to America when he was eight years old; he worked for NASA for ten years before returning to Korea.
Why is Bill Gates a hero?
Gates’ philanthropic efforts have enhanced the lives of hundreds of thousands of the world’s poorest people and saved tens of millions of lives by providing education, vaccinations, infrastructure investment, disease prevention, and improved sanitation facilities.